Evaluate ethical perspectives on social responsibility
EvaluateCohen’s (2009) article on social responsibility. Consider how his perspectivealigns with those of classic management experts Drucker and Friedman. The taskis to respond to the following prompts in a paper:
- Define the concept of social responsibility.
- What does Cohen feel is the social responsibility of a business to its workers, stakeholders, and society as a whole?
- How does this perspective align with that of Drucker?
- How does Cohen’s opinion compare with that of Friedman?
- Which aligns best with the current business climate promoting a ‘green environment’? Why?
Support your paper with a minimum of five (5)scholarly resources in addition to required resources. In addition to thesespecified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including olderarticles, may be included.
Length: 5-7 pages not including title and reference pages
Cohen, W. A. (2009). What Drucker taught us about social responsibility.
Beebe, G. (2012). Character formation.
Drucker, P. (1981). What is business ethics?
Friedman, M. (1970). The social responsibility of business to increase its profits.