Writing Assignment: Conservatism in America
In an essay of approximately 500 words, define the ideals of conservatism in America during the 1980s by identifying various leaders and events that exemplified these views.
Document your sources and refer to the writing rubric for guidance. click here for more information on this paper
. What do you think Christine Frederick feared when she said “Our greatest enemy is the woman with the career?” Page 29 click here for more information on this paper
Christine Frederick’s quote went against what Ellen Richards was working towards. I think by her saying this, she was fearful that women would go into the workforce and forget about their home and role as a homemaker. She might have also feared that a woman would wait until she finished school to get married and have children. A woman with a career would have other priorities, not just to please her husband and to procreate. Instead, she suggested that a woman can practice her skills as in the home, for example decorating her house and planning balanced meals for her own children.
2. Ellen Richards was accepted in MIT as a “special student” because they didn’t want have the precedent of coeducation. Is this something that could still be happening in today’s society? A woman having to be unknown or not on a roster because of her gender?
It seems silly that in the 21st century, women can be rejected into schools because of their gender. I don’t think this is an issue in schools. I think it is more common in the work force, specifically in the writing world. Many female authors have pseudonames because publishers won’t even look at their books if they are written by females. Many famous books/series, for example the Harry Potter series written by J.K. Rowling, would never have been published.
1. Why did women carry a heavier burden during the domestic sanitary uplift?
It was easier for men to upkeep the outside of the home. They could hire someone to fix the plumbing or to aid with construction of the house. Women were responsible inside the home because they were deemed more fit. They had to make sure the home was clean and their kids were healthy. Although some middle/upperclass women could afford to pay for help, they still had to make sure everything was done right to avoid someone catching ill.
2. The end of the chapter states “we may find ourselves turning to those old texts on household sanitation and bacteriology for more than historical insight” (54). Do you think this is true or has our science come far enough?
Being in the science field has showed me that science has come so far in preventing the spread of diseases in everyday life. Every hospital/clinic I have volunteered/interned at has SDS books that can help anyone in any situation. Even in our homes, all of our cleaning supplies have warning signs and directions that help even the novice cleaner. I think the foreshadow or threat in this book is dramatic and incorrect. We also know many of the ways bacteria/germs were handled in the past were incorrect. click here for more information on this paper
In 150 to 200 words, describe the goals of clinical assessment and diagnosis. Explain how these goals affect treatment.
apa click here for more information on this paper
Skills Acquired Through General Education
Based on what you have learned as a university student, including information and ideas gathered from the Week One and Week Three readings and discussions about general education, write a brief journal entry (350- 500 words) in which you will
•Explain newly-developed skills as well as other learning opportunities acquired through your university experience.
•Describe where and how you acquired the necessary skills that helped you excel through the progression of your education. Be sure to include examples.
•Develop a plan illustrating how you plan to transfer those skills into everyday life.
•Demonstrate critical thinking skills by effectively communicating ideas or points clearly, thoroughly, and accurately.
click here for more information on this paper
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper discussing managerial issues associated with managing an organization’s IS infrastructure.
Include the following:
- Information related to configuration management and preventative maintenance
- Industry standards in configuration management and control
- Training approaches to allow for adaptive maintenance and confidence.
- The effect of globalization on managing and IS infrastructure
Cite 3 to 5 sources, including the textbook and course materials. click here for more information on this paper
Complete the following CJi Interactive activities located on the student website:
- Ch. 5 > Learning Modules click here for more information on this paper
- History and Professionalism of the Police
- Modern American Policing Eras
- Levels of Law Enforcement
- Police Organization
- Policing Styles
- Ch. 5 > Myths & Issues Videos
- Issue 1: Women and Minorities in Law Enforcement
- Ch. 5 > Simulation
Create an 8- to 10-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation, with speaker notes, on the police and law enforcement. Include the following in your presentation:
- Present a timeline of the historical development of police agencies and their jurisdiction.
- Address the relationship between the historical development of police agencies and policing styles.
- Describe the law enforcement agencies under the jurisdiction of the Department of Homeland Security and their responsibilities.
- Address the primary purposes of police patrol.
- Describe the role of police in contemporary society.
- Explain at least two issues facing today’s police departments.
Include information learned from the CJi Interactive activities in your presentation.
Format your presentation consistent with APA guidelines. click here for more information on this paper
For this Discussion, review Chapters 1 and 2 in O’Leary (2014). Specifically, focus on the individuals’ competing obligations and the ethical approach used by the Nevada Four guerrillas in the Nevada Wetlands case study. Familiarize yourself with Waldo’s map of ethical obligations of a public servant.
Post an explanation of the Nevada Four guerrillas’ competing obligations using Waldo’s map of ethical obligations of a public servant. Explain the impact of the guerrillas’ actions on the individuals involved, the organization, and public policy. Finally, explain whether you agree or disagree with their actions and why. click here for more information on this paper
write a short memo report on the impact of ICT on students’ lives in the area of social communication.
How has information communications technology (ICT) changed the way students communicate with each other?
(min. 500 words) that contains the opinions, information, and perspectives click here for more information on this paper
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper, based on your reading for the week, examining the importance of emotional intelligence in all aspects of life. Be sure to address the following items in your analysis:
- Describe the differences between traditional cognitive intelligence and emotional intelligence.
- Analyze the use of emotional intelligence concepts in work life, home life, and personal life.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines. click here for more information on this paper