GLOBAL CITIZENSHIP & EQUITY ASSIGNMENT:
Understanding social issues and trends in the context of the Canadian experience is a fundamental in understanding the impact on Canadian businesses. In addition, being able to demonstrate how such trends such as technology and entrepreneurship can advance business ventures and social issues is critical in a competitive global market. In this course, you are asked to be able to analyze, debate and propose perspectives on various business topics. In this assignment, you will examine aboriginal entrepreneurship, and how it can advance social issues. Take a look at some of the Aboriginal issues in Canada:
Answer the following questions:
- What are some of the issues Canadian Aboriginals face in Canada? (Issues may be health, access, education, social class, violence, gender issues etc.)
- Who are the stakeholders within this issue (people, communities, groups, and businesses and trades) involved?
- Analyze your chosen start up, business, or project from a SWOT perspective, with international considerations.
Format: A 2-4 page formal written proposal. Name and Student # at top left corner of paper; 1.5 spacing, normal layout, TNR/Calibri font, Cover page not required. Please post in eCentennial Drop box due Week 12.
|Very effective and clear
||Effective and clear
||Ineffective and unclear
Writing and use of References
|Good grammar and effective writing with good use of references
||No grammatical and spelling errors with good use of references
||Few than 3 grammatical and spelling errors; no references
||Some grammatical and spelling errors; no references
||Many grammatical and spelling errors; no references
Click Here For More Information On This Paper
Consider this assignment and post your opinion on ONE of the following questions.
- What is your opinion about conducting financial transactions over the Internet? Is this method of doing business safe?
this is second question
Complete the main portion of this assignment as outlined below. When applicable, adhere to APA formatting and reference guidelines.
Look at popular methods or businesses that utilize electronic transfers of money (e.g., transferring money over the Internet).
- How do these businesses keep their transactions secure?
- Are transactions more or less secure if they take place using a desktop or laptop versus a mobile device? Explain your answer.Click Here For More Information On This Paper
One of the concerns for the network project is ensuring secure e-mail and any documents sent through e-mail. Prepare a PowerPoint presentation that explains how e-mail messages can be securely sent. The paper should include the features of secure e-mail and how secure e-mail works. Include a discussion of vulnerabilities involved in e-mail and how they can be countered. The presentation should include the following:
- Identify the 4 main features of secure e-mail.
- How do concepts like secure socket layer (SSL) and transport layer security (TLS) apply to e-mail?
- Describe the vulnerabilities of e-mail.
- Describe countermeasures that address these vulnerabilities.
Adhere to APA formatting and reference guidelines when writing your response. Additionally, your response should be free of grammatical errors, use complete sentences, and give specific details to support statements.Click Here For More Information On This Paper
Write a1050 to 1400-word paper in which you describe how the use of the Internet has helped terrorist groups further their agendas.
- Address the following in your paper:
- Describe how terrorist groups use social media.
- Analyze how future technology trends may help terrorist groups support their agendas.
- Assess the threat that future technologies present and describe how to counter the threats.
Format your paper following APA guidelines.Click Here For More Information On This Paper
Read Chapters 11 – 12 and the information included in Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl; scroll down the document at this website and read through Chapters V, VI and VII of the account by ex-slave Harriet Jacobs. Once all reading is complete, respond to the following item(s):
- What does this account reveal about the nature of slavery and how slavery affected southern society?
Using a minimum of 150 words, address the following:
1. Read the article:
2. To answer 2 pages on Question 3:
How would you expand the business? would you add more products, more geographies or by selling private lables? As you expand the business, how can the company become more profitable, particulary inlight of the costs associated with the focus on service?
3. 2 pages, double space, APA style, plagiarism free.Click Here For More Information On This Paper
Here are the instructions for this paper:
This is an essay that will directly demonstrate key ideas for students of cognitive psychology.
Resources: University Library, Electronic Reserve Readings, the Internet, or other resources to conduct research.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper in which you explain the role of the brain in cognitive functions. As a part of your explanation, describe what Phineas Gage’s accident revealed about how brain areas support cognitive function.
Students will need to cover the following –
- Explain the role of the brain in cognitive functioning,
- Provide examples of how certain areas of the brain support cognitive functioning,
- How does Traumatic Brain Injury factor into the story of Phineas Gage?
- Which areas of Phineas Gage’s brain were destroyed due to the accident and how did this severe injury factor into the subsequent changes in Phineas? Provide plenty of material to support this change.Click Here For More Information On This Paper
Effective Communication in the Workplace
Organizations work to improve overall written and verbal communication to encourage a win-win situation for improved patient or customer care, increased team motivation, and supportive management. Effective communication encourages active listening among people and improved understanding of a situation embracing both similarities and differences in each employee. Let’s read the following scenario to emphasize the importance of effective communication in a workplace.
You are the keynote speaker to improve overall communication effectiveness in your organization. Your presentation consists of 12–15 Microsoft PowerPoint slides (not including the title and reference slide) along with speaker notes. You are addressing an audience comprising all department heads and management staff.
Your overall focus is on common communication problems, various methods of learning, issues with feedback, and improving overall attitude through communication.
Address the following areas including detailed speaker notes. The speaker notes area is the white spacebelow the slide where you can type information similar to a Microsoft Word document. Your Microsoft PowerPoint presentation consists of professional color slides, with detailed speaker notes to include examples to support each slide.
- Describe four forms of communication used in the work environment. Discuss the benefits and concerns with each communication method. For example, body language, written, oral, and e-mail.
- Describe four methods of learning and listening. How does a person learn (auditory, visual, etc.) if he or she has a preferred method? How can the person adjust to learning in ways not in his or her preferred method?
- What environmental and personal barriers hinder communication? Be specific and provide at least three examples.
- What impact can diversity in the work environment have on effective and ineffective communication according to age, gender, cultural, or religious diversity?
- What three errors do managers commit when providing ineffective feedback?
- Describe three issues managers and team members face if they are not prepared to provide instant communication? What negative result can occur if one is not prepared?
- Describe four methods to overcome communication barriers and provide detailed examples.
- Provide three key elements with specific examples on how effective communication can reduce errors, improve professional relationships, and assist staff with clear communication.Click Here For More Information On This Paper
Prepare a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper in which you explore development during infancy and early childhood. Include the following:
•Explain how families affect the development of infants and young children.
•Evaluate different parenting styles and their influence on development during infancy and early childhood. Include which parenting style you feel is most effective and why.
•Discuss early childhood education and its influence on cognitive development.
Include at least two references.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Click on the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.Click Here For More Information On This Paper
What are ridge events? How are ridge events in a unit formation used to determine identification or non-identification? How does the concept of ridge events in a unit formation differ from pattern types in fingerprint identification?Click Here For More Information On This Paper