HR’s Role in Mergers and Acquisitions
Review the SHRM video, Once the Deal Is Done: Making Mergers Work, and create an 8–10 PowerPoint slide presentation, with speaker notes, for organizational leaders.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies:
- Assess human resource functions, processes, and roles which support organizational strategy.
- Analyze the strategic role of human resource management (HRM) within the global business environment.
- Apply human resource practices to support strategic human resources management.
- Communicate in a manner that is scholarly and professional.
For this assignment, create a PowerPoint presentation, with speaker notes, to include the following:
- Explain some key practices HR should include to successfully integrate two merged companies.
- Explain key principles of an integration process. Include three principles in this assignment.
- Explain what metrics can be used to measure the impact of a merger.
- Analyze perspectives concerning HR professionals’ roles relative to mergers and acquisitions.
- Describe recommendations for including and maximizing HR’s contribution to successful mergers and acquisitions. Describe 2–3 recommendations and consider sharing professional experiences.
Your PowerPoint presentation and speaker notes are to be written coherently to support a central idea with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics as expected of a business professional. Support your response with citations from relevant readings or resources found in this unit.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA style and formatting.
- Length: 8–10 slides with speaker notes.
- Number of resources: Two scholarly references.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.