Briefly compare and contrast the various quality management processes and standards, such as Six Sigma, Total Quality Management, and ISO 9000. Your response should consider the following questions:
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of each quality management technique or standard?
- Which technique or standard, if any, is the best one to use?
- What are the potential drawbacks or negative consequences of implementing one of the quality management systems of your choice?
- Why is the measurement of quality critical to overall project success?
Imagine that you are a Data Steward and your employer has asked you to teach others in the organization about your role and responsibilities. Prepare a PowerPoint slideshow that describes the role and various responsibilities of a Data Steward.
Your presentation should be a minimum of 8 slides (including a Title slide and References slide) and address the following:
- The meaning of the data steward role
- Responsibilities of a data steward
- Three (3) specific examples of a data steward’s work
- Other titles a data steward may have
- Education needed for a data steward role
- Industry certifications that might make a data steward more marketable
- Include APA formatted citations for your references
As you know, there may be times when an organization needs help. This help could be to improve an existing process or to launch a new initiative. Not all organizations have the internal skills, capabilities, or time to accomplish everything they want to do. When an organization lacks the skills or when it needs a fresh new perspective, an outside consultant can work with the organization to accomplish its goals.
In this module’s discussion, answer the following:
- Based on an organization you are familiar with, identify one project that would be suited for help from an outside consultant.
- Why would your chosen organization benefit from a consultant on this project?
- What could a consultant bring that the organization does not have?
The Saint Leo core value on which this course focuses is excellence. If communication competence is the key to organizational excellence, how would you encourage the members of an organization to become competent communicators to enhance the corporate communication strategy? Be certain to be specific in your response and support your answer. Include at least two credible academic sources as support.
Explain the Practices and Rituals of each of all these relgions : Hinduism, Jainism, Budddhism, Daoism, Confucianism, Shinto, Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Sikhism, and Mormans
Discuss debt and equity financing.
- How are they different?
- What is the Time Value of Money and how does it relate to valuation of bonds?
- Discuss bonds at par, premium, and discounted
- What is the difference between the coupon rate and market rate?
Explain why caregivers are considered patient advocates. When and how does one become a patient advocate? Discuss the legal implications of being a patient advocate. What resources can patient advocates access to help them perform their roles/responsibilities? Identify a minimum of three resources
Understanding the meaning of conflict is important when exploring the relationship between conflict and negotiation. This assignment will allow you to examine the causes and effects of a conflict.
Review the textbook definition of conflict and conduct independent research using online library resources or the Internet to find other definitions of conflict.
Consider an experience of a conflict situation from your personal or work life. Use the following steps to analyze the conflict situation and suggest an appropriate solution.
- Step 1: Provide your definition of conflict and describe the meaning, nature and components of conflict
- Step 2: Define the problem and identify the conflict issues.
- Step 3: Determine your goal in resolving the conflict.
- Step 4: Analyze the problem and state the causes, symptoms, effects, and obstacles that keep you from achieving your goal.
- Step 5: Generate two potential solutions and recommend ways to attain the goal and resolve the conflict.
Your company has just hired your foreign friend to work in a middle-management position. Since you have lived in the United States for many years, your friend believes that you understand job coaching for a traditional American company. She wants to work with you and has many questions—some of which concern the manner in which cultural nuances related to religious customs, verbal and nonverbal communication, etc. may affect leadership roles.
Write a five (5) page paper in which you:
- Recommend whether or not your friend should insert herself as a coach from the beginning. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Determine two (2) conflicts that could possibly arise as a result of asking people to work on days of religious significance. Propose concrete solutions for these two (2) possible conflicts.
- Determine whether or not cultural quirks could restrain the foreign manager from expressing his or her ideas readily. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Determine two (2) actions that you can take in order to prepare yourself and your friend to become multicultural leaders. Provide two (2) examples to support your response.
- Predict two (2) major conflicts that may arise out of nonverbal communication misunderstandings (e.g., words misinterpreted, hand gestures, looks, shoulder shrugs, names of objects, etc.). Suggest two (2) actions that your friend could take in order to diffuse these types of misunderstandings and thus make the workplace more harmonious. Justify your response.
- Use at least five (5) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia does not qualify as an academic resource.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Examine how leadership influences organizational performance.
- Determine key leadership qualities that contribute to leadership effectiveness.
- Determine basic approaches to resolving conflict and negotiating.
- Write clearly and concisely about leadership strategies using proper writing mechanics.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in leadership strategies.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.
Choose one of the religions discussed in this course.
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word summary that addresses the following questions:
- What are common characteristics, including ethics, the assigned religion shares with the others?
- How is this religion responding to challenges in the modern world?
- What has changed about the roles of women in the religion over time?
Cite at least one reference in addition to Experiencing the World’s Religion.
Format your assignment according to appropriate course-level APA guidelines.