This assignment consists of two (2) sections: a draft of your business plan and an income statement containing your business plan financials (i.e. Week 7 Discussion “The Financials”).Note: You must submit both sections as separate files for the completion of this assignment.
You must intend to raise money for your startup company. You can start with money from friends and family but at some point you will need funds from outside investors, either angels or venture capitalists, depending on how much money you project you will need to raise. Another possible angle is to develop money through crowdfunding, assuming your product meets the demand of such audiences.
Before you can raise money, you must develop a business plan that convinces an investor that your company will succeed.
Section 1: Business Plan (MS Word or equivalent)
Read Chapters 18 and 19 of the course text: Successful Business Plan. Use the Plan Preparation Forms at the end of each chapter of Successful Business Plan as a rough guide.
Write an approximately fifteen to twenty (15-20) page draft of your business plan in which you:
- Revise the components of the following previously submitted sections based on the feedback you have received.
- Company Description (Assignment 1)
- Industry Analysis and Trends (Assignment 1)
- Strategic Position & Risk Assessment (Assignment 1)
- Target Market (Assignment 2)
- Competition (Assignment 2)
- Marketing Plan & Sales Strategy (Assignment 2)
- Create an Ethics & Social Responsibility Plan.
Note: The Ethics & Social Responsibility plan should account for approximately three to five (3-5) pages of the Business Plan Draft.
a. Describe the ways in which your company is committed to being a good corporate citizen.
o Hints: Consider the following areas:
§ Creating jobs
§ Following the laws of every jurisdiction in which your company operates
§ Fair and honest treatment of employees
§ Non-discrimination of employees and increasing diversity of your work force
o Hints: If your company is designed as a social venture—in which you have a primary purpose of achieving a social or environmental goal—describe what that goal is and what aspects of your company are designed to reach that goal. Provide a rationale for why you have or why you have not chosen this to be a social venture.
- Discuss how your company’s activities will affect the environment and identify the steps you will take to mitigate any negative impacts.
- Hints: As a beverage company, consider such issues as your choice of packaging, disposal of bottles / packages by consumers, and your use of resources, such as water in areas where water may be scarce.