Assignment Week 2a
Brand Schema (100 points)Select ONE of the brands from the list. I challenge you to select a brand you may not have a direct relationship with. After selecting your brand, ask 5 friends or family members the following question: “Name the first five things that come to your mind when you hear the name (your selected brand)”.
After completing your short interviews, you will then have a list of 25 words. Create a Schema and Associative Network for the brand you chose similar to the one provided on page 86 of the textbook. You can create your Schema by drawing and scanning it in as a document or create it by using circles, and arrows on a single PowerPoint slide.
Once you have created your schema, construct a 2-3 page paper addressing the brand you chose, why you chose it, who you interviewed and perhaps why you selected those individuals. In addition you will want to provide an analysis of the meaning of the brand and the implications that this meaning can have on the company’s growth. Be sure to include concepts from the chapter readings and/or lectures with your analysis.
· Write between 750-1000 words using Microsoft Word
· Be sure when answering each question, you incorporate concepts from the chapter and/or lecture to show your understanding of the topic.
· Use font size 12, 1” margins and double spaced.
· Include cover page & reference page (if needed)
· At least 80% of your paper must be original content/writing
· No more than 20% of your content/information may come from references.
· Use at least three references from outside the course material, one reference must be from EBSCOhost. Textbook, lectures and other materials in the course may be used but are not counted toward the three reference requirement.
· Cite all reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) in the paper and list on a reference page in APA style.
References must come from sources such as scholarly journals found in EBSCOhost, CNN, online newspapers such as The Wall Street Journal, government websites, etc. Sources such as Wikis, Yahoo Answers, eHow, blogs, etc are not acceptable for academic writing.