Discussion Topic 1: Chemistry In Its Element (Podcast): https://www.chemistryworld.com/46.more
There is a lot of chemistry going on all around you. If you start to observe a bit more intentionally, you will notice many new discoveries, articles, news stories, and breakthrough research happening everyday. And science can only be useful and keep moving forward if it is shared.
For this topic, I want you to find a session of Chemistry In Its Element Podcast that is interesting to you and share it with the class. In your post, please include the following:
1. A proper APA citation of your podcast, including a direct link to it that we can visit.
2. A sufficient summary of the podcast in common language that could be understood by the general public.
3. Its implications for society, benefits, drawbacks, practicality, etc. This is where you discuss your personal thoughts regarding the podcast.
4. Questions to your classmates that invite discussion and further the dialogue.
5. An embedded picture that is relevant to the discussion.
After you find the podcast chemical you would like to discuss, start a thread within the Forum Topic 1. You need not fill in the content—only begin a thread with a subject line that includes your name and the title of the podcast you will be discussing. When you are ready to fill in the details of the post, you can simply go back into your post and click “Edit” and put the information into your post.
By starting your post, you are claiming your podcast and no other student is allowed to choose the same podcast. The first person to post a thread in this Topic with the podcast title in the subject line will be the only one to receive credit for the assignment should there be duplicate choices. Therefore, you should be sure no one has already chosen the podcast you wish to discuss.
Instructions: Your initial post over the material outlined above for Topic 1 should be at least 300 words*.
*All text must be words that are typed text within the textbox of the Rich Text Editor, thus words on any attached documents will not count towards the total.