U03D1] Unit 3 Discussion 1 – Qualitative Evaluation, Data, and Measures
Read Chapter 5 in Program Evaluation and Performance Measurement . Pay close attention to question 7 on page 221.
Complete the following:
• Discuss how you would design a qualitative evaluation for improving the quality of mothers’ parenting.
o Include three different methods of finding your sample.
• Specifically discuss how you would collect the data.
• Describe how you would measure whether the quality of parenting actually improves.
Unit 3 – Program Evaluation: Qualitative Research Design
This unit focuses on qualitative evaluation design, data collection methods, and evaluating program effectiveness. Additionally, you will apply this knowledge to a real-world program evaluation.
To successfully complete this learning unit, you will be expected to:
1. Understand and analyze qualitative program evaluation design.
2. Compare and contrast experimental and quasi-experimental designs.
3. Analyze pretest-posttest designs.
4. Communicate through writing that is concise, balanced, and logically organized