Case Project (Network Security Plan)
The Acme Corporation is a new startup that wishes to sell their new phone, called Acmephone, to the public. Acmephone plans to offer two options.
1) a secure version of the phone designed for business organizations called the Acmephone B+, and 2) a highly secure version of the phone designed for the government, called the Acmephone G+.
Due to the fear of corporate espionage and government security requirements, there are many security concerns that must be addressed. As a network security professional, you have been employed to design a network infrastructure for their two campuses located in Atlanta and Cincinnati based upon the following specifications:
1. There needs to be a constant connection between the two locations that can carry at least 50 Mbps of data.
2. Each facility has three floors. The buildings are rectangular with each floor 350’x350’.
3. There will be 200 network connections on each floor with an additional 100 network connections in the data centers located on the third floor of each building. 4. The primary data center will be located at the Atlanta location.
5. There will be a failover data center at the Cincinnati location.
6. Each location should be protected from intrusions that are not limited to state change attacks.
7. The Atlanta location will house the two secure development teams. As such, it will need the a greater level of security. The primary database servers and the corporate Web servers will be housed at that location as well.
8. Database servers will also be located at the Cincinnati site as well.
9. All servers must have redundancy.
10. The solution must have a plan to verify security measures.
Your job is to develop a network design to meet the requirements above.
1. Submit a network drawing, specific to Acme Corporation, listing the network’s topology including any necessary hardware.
2. List any recommended cabling for this installation.
3. Recommend wiring closets and their configuration wherever you determine they are needed.
4. Recommend ways to ensure that the network is safe from being attacked.
5. Make recommendations for traps to stop attackers.
6. Include recommendations for WAN connections.
7. Include recommendations for wireless technology.
8. Include recommendations for any technology needed in the data center for high availability.
9. Justify your recommendations with external sources referenced using APA format.