**150 words each
1. Why do you think that people continue to use race as a category for difference even though it has no biological basis?
2. Do schools contribute to racism in America? How can schools fight against racism in America?
3. How are the various histories of discrimination and resistance presented in this chapter similar to one another? How are they different?
4. How familiar were you with the resistance stories in this chapter? If you were very familiar, to what do you attribute that? If you were not familiar, to what do you attribute that?
5. How can you explicitly teach students about complex social issues such as race and racism?
**answer each question best to your ability