Find a recent article that discusses PKI and write a discussion post that meets the following (and all) requirements:
1. Cite the source of the news article in APA format.
2. Write 3-4 Paragraphs describing what the article is discussing, why you chose the article, and the relevance.
3. Find 1 scholarly source to support your statements about the article and cite it in APA format.
Assignment Three-Creating Your Website
This assignment is to assess your ability to create a simple Web page. Use basic HTML or any web-authoring program to create a page about your family and friends, an organization or business that you care about. You can insert text and pictures and say what you like most about your family and friends, business or organization.
Discuss the issue of securing backups. There have been several incidents lately in which backup media containing personal customer information were lost or stolen. How should backup media be secured? What about off-site storage of backups?
DQ requirement: Note that the requirement is to post your initial response no later than Thursday and you must post one additional post during the week. I recommend your initial posting to be between 200-to-300 words. All initial posts must contain a properly formatted in-text citation and scholarly reference.
Create and submit an ER Diagram with at least two tables and their attributes. Your diagram should include:
Table Names (for each entity)
Attributes (first name, last name, city, etc.)
Field types (text, currency, numeric, date)
Your tables should be should be normalized (first, second and third normal forms)
You can use the attached form or upload your tables in Excel or create and link them in an Access database file.
For information on how to use Word to create and ERD, go to: https://vimeo.com/18244802
Resources for Building ER Diagrams and Normalization:
What is an ER Diagram: http://databases.about.com/od/specificproducts/l/blentity-relationship-diagrams.htm
Video Tutorial Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) Training Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fQ-bRllhXc
How do I normalize a database: https://support.microsoft.com/EN-US/help/283878
1. Business Analytics covers a broad area of tools and techniques used as part of business intelligence. Discuss the different types of models used in decision support. For example, what is meant by optimization model? Discuss how software application, such as Excel, can assist in the modeling and business analytics.
2. Pick a business that you’re familiar with — which Business Analytic tools do you think would help your company increase sales and reduce expenses? How? Be specific.
3. Discuss data mining and the major application areas for it. Is data mining a new technology or has it simply not been popular? Discuss the different data mining methods.
4. Compare data mining and predictive analysis, and discuss why some think that they are similar while others think they are opposite.
Must know testout
you’ll be asked to install, repair, configure, secure, and manage computer hardware, operating systems, and software in home or corporate environments.
Task Count: Up to 50 tasks
Time Limit: 120 minutes
Score Range: 200 – 2,000
Passing Score: 1,360
IT Ethics and Responsible Conduct (20 points)
Recently, a U.S. Circuit Court upheld the enforceability of Website Terms of Service (ToS), even though the user did not have to click-through to agree.
o Identify one positive and one negative implication of this finding.
o What terms do you believe are ethically appropriate for such agreements? Explain your position.
You have just completed 10 weeks of a CIS course. Imagine you have been asked to create five 1-hour modules highlighting the most important topics you have learned in this course.
o List the topics for each of your five 1-hour modules.
o Give a detailed rationale as to why you chose each of the topics for your five 1-hour modules.
o Explain what order you would place the modules in, and why.
Now that you have all of that information in the requirements document, let’s start by using that to define the project phases and begin to define the WBS. The WBS shows the work needed to be done to accomplish the project in a logical format. Define your project into phases corresponding to the requirements document you have created, and then break each of those phases into smaller work packages that will end in a deliverable. We are still operating at a somewhat high level so keep your WBS to three or four levels of detail. Much of the requirements you defined will be used to break out the executing process. This is where you start to define what actually needs to be done to make this project successful. Don’t forget to include ‘supporting tasks’; tasks that need to be done in order to allow necessary work to progress. Choose only four of your requirements to further define in your WBS.
A work breakdown structure is a key project deliverable that organizes the team’s work into manageable sections. The Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) defines the work breakdown structure as a “deliverable oriented hierarchical decomposition of the work to be executed by the project team.” The work breakdown structure visually defines the scope into manageable chunks that a project team can understand, as each level of the work breakdown structure provides further definition and detail
A lot of you have expressed a massive amount of interest in Bitcoin. So, I figured we would tackle the topic from a crypto standpoint.
Research a security flaw that may exist with Bitcoin and write 2-3 paragraphs on how Bitcoin’s security is weak from a cryptography standpoint.
Select one of the following attacks and write 2 paragraphs describing the attack and what can be done to lower the effectiveness of the attack:
• Frequency Analysis• Cipher-text Only Attack• Known Plaintext Attack• Chosen Plaintext Attack• Dictionary Attacks• Rainbow Tables• Birthday Attacks• Implementation Issues• Timing and Power Analysis Attacks• People Attacks