For your initial post in the discussion topic, identify at least one push/pull factor (a factors that pushes people out of one area and pulls them into another area) causing the movement of Latin American people, and give specific examples. How does location, either relative or absolute, factor into this movement? Use the Themes of Geography resource to support your discussion of movement and location while addressing this prompt.
Chapter 1: Discussion
Read Chapter 1 and view the following video:
Culleton, B. (Producer). (2007). The IRA’s secret history [Video]. YouTube. The History Channel.
Parenthetical citation: (Culleton, 2007)
Using key terms and concepts from the reading, answer the following questions in a balanced way.
- Would you say the IRA is similar to Middle Eastern terrorist groups? Use examples and support your position.
- How does the goal of the IRA impact your view?
- Write a short essay or paragraph of at least 500 words. [POST YOUR WORD COUNT AT THE END OF YOUR MAIN POST.]
- Use concrete examples/details and avoid generalities.
- Address all questions.
- Use proper grammar and punctuation.
- Remember to cite your sources.
1-How Healthcare reform is impacting primary care.
2• Health care reform impacts on nurses: https://www.nursingworld.org/~4afc9b/globalassets/practiceandpolicy/health-policy/healthcare-reform-document.pdf
3• Healthcare Transformation and Changing Roles for Nursing https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5266427/pdf/ornur3612.pdf
Describe and discuss at least three challenges that supervisors face in being effective project managers at Global Green Books Publishing.
Competencies for Project Managers
Read these 9 mini-case study series from the Project Management Institute on the Global Green Books Publishing company before starting this assignment:
- Mini-Case 1 – Project Management at Global Green Books Publishing [PDF].
- Mini-Case 2 – The Back to School Crunch at Global Green Books [PDF].
- Mini-Case 3 – Defining Standards at Global Green Books [PDF].
- Mini-Case 4 – Cost Estimating at Global Green Books Publishing [PDF].
- Mini-Case 5 – Managing Change at Global Green Books Publishing [PDF].
- Mini-Case 6 – Developing Project Managers at Global Green Books Publishing [PDF].
- Mini-Case 7 – Closing Projects at Global Green Books Publishing [PDF].
- Mini-Case 8 – Team Building at Global Green Books Publishing [PDF].
- Mini-Case 9 – Quality Management at Global Green Books Publishing [PDF].
Write a 6–8 page paper in which you:
- Describe and discuss at least three challenges that supervisors face in being effective project managers at Global Green Books Publishing.
- Identify and discuss at least three key skills/competencies supervisors need to be effective project managers at Global Green Books Publishing.
- Describe at least three challenges that team members face when working on projects at Global Green Books Publishing.
- Identify and discuss at least three skills/competencies that team members need in order to be effective in projects at Global Green Books Publishing.
- Use at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards.
For this discussion, you will be defining research in nursing and evidence-based practice in nursing. Along with your definitions, provide one example of each. Provide a sample research question and a sample clinical question. You may use questions you found in reviewing the literature as a guide, but may not use them as your own example. You must provide an original example of a research question and clinical question. Examples from the readings cannot be used as the example for clinical/research questions.
Your initial post must be posted before you can view and respond to colleagues, must contain minimum of two (2) references, in addition to examples from your personal experiences to augment the topic. The goal is to make your post interesting and engaging so others will want to read/respond to it. Synthesize and summarize from your resources in order to avoid the use of direct quotes, which can often be dry and boring. No direct quotes are allowed in the discussion board posts.
Post a thoughtful response to at least two (2) other colleagues’ initial postings. Responses to colleagues should be supportive and helpful (examples of an acceptable comment are: “This is interesting – in my practice, we treated or resolved (diagnosis or issue) with (x, y, z meds, theory, management principle) and according to the literature…” and add supportive reference. Avoid comments such as “I agree” or “good comment.”
- Compare and contrast research and evidence-based practice
Points: 30Due Dates:
- Initial Post: Fri, May 14 by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) of the US.
- Response Post: Sun, May 16 by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) of the US – (the response posts cannot be done on the same day as the initial post).
- Initial Post: Minimum of two (2) total references: one (1) from required course materials and one (1) from peer-reviewed references.
- Response posts: Minimum of one (1) total reference: one (1) from peer-reviewed or course materials reference per response.
- Initial Post: Minimum 200 words excluding references (approximately one (1) page)
- Response posts: Minimum 100 words excluding references.