research paper topic on ONE of the Political Ideologies below: Democratic Capitalism, Democratic Socialism, Marxism, Communism, Fascism, National Socialism.
It must cover the topic effectively and present a well-developed thesis, supported by evidence from primary and secondary sources.
It must in some way demonstrate an understanding of the development of scholarship on the topic—that is, the paper itself must incorporate in the text and notes an adequate discussion of the scholarly works on the subject.
*talk a little bit about American Political Culture, Public Opinion/participation and the Media
(10 Pages), plus foot/endnotes (optional) and work cited (required), using standard one-inch margins, 12-point font and double spacing.
- -title page (clarity, usefulness, accuracy)
- -title (usefulness, accuracy)
- -introduction (specificity, clarity, appeal)
- -thesis (clarity, initial presentation, use throughout paper, thoughtfulness, accuracy)
- -arguments/evidence (breadth, logic, quality, use)
- -organization (clarity, logic, consistency, within paragraphs, in overall paper)
- -sentence structure
- -punctuation (usage, spacing)
- -voice (avoidance of passive)
- -person (avoidance of first and second)
- -tense (logic, consistency)
- -page numbering (in text, in notes, and in bibliography)
- -use of APA Style
- -research (depth, breadth)
- -exploitation of sources (in notes, in text)
- -format (endnotes or footnotes)
- -quotations (appropriateness, logic, ellipses and brackets, identification of authors, punctuation, transition into text)
- -conclusion (thoughtfulness, appeal, appropriateness, usefulness)