AS: Pharmacy Visit/Data Gathering/Outline Instructions
AS Description: This week you will be preparing for your final assignment by visiting a traditional pharmacy (CVS, Walgreen’s Rite-Aid, etc.) as well as a natural/holistic pharmacy in your area. You will also perform research on various health conditions that can be treated by traditional and alternative/holistic medicine to create an outline for your final 3-4 page paper.
AS Instructions: See attached document.
For this week’s assignment you will visit two different pharmacies (one traditional, one natural) to start the process of comparing/contrasting different remedies for common health conditions and gather data on remedies used to treat certain health conditions.
1) Please select 2 conditions (headache, stomachache, allergies, anxiety, etc.) that you will be researching. ( I would like to talk about headache and stomach ache for this paper)
2) Visit two pharmacies (one traditional, CAM/holistic/natural). While at the pharmacy, take pictures of the various remedies available for the two conditions you selected. You should have a minimum of two pictures per pharmacy. (I will do this)
3) Following your pharmacy search, you will perform research on traditional and CAM/Natural/Holistic remedies/treatments for these conditions (Final project must include a minimum of 2 peer-reviewed resources).
4) Create a 1-page outline documenting conditions you selected, possible remedies for each (traditional and CAM), and negative side effects of the treatment that will guide your final paper for Unit 8. The outline should include: Introduction, body (3 or more topic paragraphs), conclusion.
5) Include your pharmacy pictures (4 minimum) and a list of 2 scholarly/peer-reviewed resources in APA format that will be used in your final paper due next week.
(I will attach the pictures once you finish the AS)
worth 60 points
AS Description: In your final assignment, you will use last unit’s pharmacy visit, research, and outline to compare and contrast traditional and CAM treatment methods for two conditions selected.
AS Instructions: See attached document
Write a 3-4 page paper (12 Times New Roman font, APA format) discussing the two conditions you selected in unit 7. Discuss two treatment methods (one traditional, one CAM) for each condition. Compare and contrast the treatment methods available. Conclude your paper with the treatment method you would take for each condition using peer-reviewed research to support your decision.
Discuss the following in your paper:
A) What specific conditions do the remedies treat?
B) How effective are they?
C) Are there any side effects of the treatment?
D) Any contraindications?
E) What research is available to support the claim that these treatments are effective?
D) Compare and contrast the positives and negatives of each treatment
E) Use peer reviewed research to draw a conclusion on what route you would take (CAM or Traditional) for each condition. ( please be sure to answer every question correctly or points will be taken off)
· 3-4 COMPLETE pages in Times New Roman 12 (NO ABSTRACT IS NEEDED)
· Use scholarly research and your textbook to support your responses (Two-peer reviewed sources required).
· A reference page in APA format
· 10% deduction per day late, up to a maximum 40% for 4 days late, after which AS will score a zero