Weeks 5 & 6: Project 3 Case Studies
CO5: Define sourcing as a supply chain component, how to measure performance, and key strategies to improve effectiveness.
CO7: Evaluate logistics as a supply chain component, including how to measure performance, and key strategies to improve effectiveness.
For this two-week assignment, you will be answering a series of questions regarding two case studies; one case study in Chapter 5 on the Sourcing function and a second in Chapter 6 that addresses the logistics function. The Case studies are included in an attached Word document. It is recommended you print out a copy of this to have while answering each question. You may also read these at the end of chapters 6 and 7 in your textbook (Sanders). As this is a two-week assignment, use your best instincts how to “completely answer” each question. Your instructor will be looking for depth of insight, excellence in research, and highly professional writing.
Deliverable Length: 200-300 words
Module 2: Managing Suppliers
This module unlocks the receiving department, putting players in charge of managing the supply chain and material inventories to meet client needs. (15 Turns). Please go to the assignment titled Unit 3 – Simulation for instructions on how to access the simulation.
To gain access to this module, please log in to your McGraw-Hill student account and select the MGMT345 Master (Cape & Cullen), then select “Click here to launch MH Practice.” On the next screen, select “Play” to gain access to the various modules. Find “Module 2: Managing Suppliers” on the list and select “Play Game.” From that point, follow the instructions in the simulation.
Primary Discussion Response is due by Friday (11:59:59pm Central).
Within the Discussion Board area, write 200-300 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
There are many reasons why a company should pay attention to their reputation as it relates to their future vendor relations and product supply costs and availability. Complete the following:
- Discuss why it is important for organizations to manage their reputation by answering the following questions:
- What impact could a poor quality product have on a company?
- How does reputation help a company to be more competitive?
- How do you think a company can improve their vendor and customer relations?
- Summarize 3 examples of what goes into the reputation of a company.
Be sure to include your required references, and format your submission in APA format.
Read the case study, “Database Saves the State of Washington Medicaid Dollars”. After reading the case study and completing additional independent research using the textbook and online resources, address the following:
- Consider your degree program or your selected industry and then give an example of how knowledge management systems could be used in your selected business.
- Describe the relationship between data and information in the context of your selected business.
Respond to two of your peers’ initial posts and consider the following:
- Describe how the chosen knowledge system (beyond those discussed by your peers) can improve an organization or a department within an organization.
- Explain the advantages of that system. Give specific examples.
To complete this assignment, review the Discussion Rubric document.
Week 6 discussion
You are leading the relocation of your corporate HQ complex from the suburbs to center city, similar to this project: Marriott to Move Headquarters to Downtown Bethesda With $62 Million in Incentives.
- Explain how you will use social media to keep everyone informed about this project.
- Identify potential problems in relying too much on social media.
Week 7 discussion
Take a look at your firm. Identify improvements your firm should make in order to be a more diverse organization. Next, assess the appetite of your firm for such changes.