Having developed a definition of wellness in the last module, this week we’re turning to how wellness applies to you personally. This could be related to your personal experiences or things you’ve observed of those around you. Because Milestone One is also due this week, we’ll start to discuss the issues and events that interest you. Consider the eight dimensions of wellness and the module resources, then choose the dimension that is most relevant to your program of study or professional experience. Make sure you specify in the subject line which dimension you chose. Then address the following in your initial post:
- List three factors that you think could help people improve their levels of wellness, and then list three challenges that you think people could face with regard to that dimension.
- Describe an event related to wellness that either you or someone around you has experienced. What did you take away, and how did it enhance your understanding of wellness?
- Share a current issue related to wellness that you have found interesting or that has personally impacted you. Post an article from a news source. How does wellness help you better understand this issue?
Communicable Diseases. Discussion: Week #4
· Develop your position about the individual rights to control the spread of communicable diseases for the good of society.
· Survey the role of boards of health in your community and state to determine how communicable diseases are prevented and controlled.
·150-word minimum/250-word maximum without the reference(s).
· Minimum of one reference, APA format.
Deliverable Length: 200-300 words
Module 1: The Production Process
Operations is the engine that drives a business. This module focuses on the heart of that engine: managing the production process. (12 Turns). Please go to the assignment titled Unit 2 – Simulation for instructions on how to access the simulation.
Primary Discussion Response is due by Friday (11:59:59pm Central).
Within the Discussion Board area, write 200-300 words that respond to the following with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas. Using what you learned in the game module, please explain the following aspects of a production process:
- Provide an overview of what a manufacturing process is and how it is organized.
- Explain the concepts of setup time, utilization time, production scheduling, and bottlenecks in a simple manufacturing process and what the role of the operations manager is.
Research and select a company or organization that has been in some type of current negotiations (e.g., union contracts, mergers, buy-outs, product disputes, patent infringement.). Then, summarize the company or organization’s history and current negotiation status. Highlight some of the negotiator-cognition issues they may have encountered during negotiations. Discuss decision-analysis tools that are used in negotiations. Were any of these tools used by your company during negotiations? Next, explain what a BATNA is and how it is used during negotiations. Try to determine if one or both sides had a BATNA and, if so, summarize your understanding of it. Finally, provide recommendations for the company to use in future negotiations based on what you have learned in this unit. How could they use best practices in negotiations to improve future negotiations?
Your case study should be a minimum of two pages in length. You must use at least two academic sources, and any information from those sources should be cited and referenced in APA format.
Siu Wong, R. (2015). Knowledge of Opponents’ Power in Power-Asymmetric Negotiations: Whose Knowledge Shapes the Structure of Outcomes? Contemporary Management Research, 11(2), 117–142. https://doi-org.libraryresources.columbiasouthern.edu/10.7903/cmr.12984
Forgas, J. P. (1998). On feeling good and getting your way: mood effects on negotiator cognition and bargaining strategies. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, v74(n3).
Peter and Andrew are brothers. Since childhood, they have wanted to convert a barn on their grandfather’s farm into a hunting and fishing lodge that would provide modest but comfortable accommodations for sportspersons using nearby recreational lands. Andrew has suggested that they bring his friend, Paul, into the business, as well. While Peter and Andrew would develop the property, Paul has experience in the hospitality industry and could manage the day-to-day operations. Peter and Andrew would also want to make the lodge available to local church groups for worship retreats. They haven’t yet discussed this with Paul, because they know he is not comfortable with most churches and their positions on social issues. The men are now discussing how to form the new business, and have narrowed their choices to a general partnership or a limited liability company (LLC). What would you advise, and why? Consider and discuss issues such as:
- What personal liability will the owners have for the obligations of the business (contracts, debts, lawsuit judgments, etc.)
- Should Paul be included as a co-owner, or in some other role? On what do you base that decision?
- How would contributions to the new business of skills, experience, labor, etc. be valued when determining percentages of ownership?
- How would profits and losses be distributed?
Refer to the Assignment Instructions folder of the course for general directions and grading rubrics for Discussion Boards, including requirements for word length, scholarly sources, and integration of a Biblical worldview.
Identify your conclusion in the subject line of your post (General Partnership, LLC, etc.). Do not use attachments, as these are cumbersome and inhibit the discussion process.
Note that replies must be posted on different days. At least 1 of your replies must be to a classmate who reached a different conclusion than you did.
2 Corinthians 6:14–18 (For this passage, you should consult some trusted exegetical commentaries, many of which may be found on www.ccel.org.)