Explaining a process to someone else can enhance your own understanding. In this assignment, you will gain a better understanding of the helping skills necessary to facilitate the intake and assessment procedures.
Imagine you are training a new human service worker on the intake and assessment process at a correctional facility. You must outline the elements of intake interviewing and explain the skills that it will take to facilitate the assessment process with clients.
Create a 700- to 1,050-word manual for your trainee, in which you:
Describe the purpose of the intake interview.
Explain the elements involved in intake interviewing.
Describe the assessment process.
Describe the skills needed to facilitate the assessment process.
Include a minimum of 2 sources.
Format any citations within your manual according to APA guidelines.
Assignment:. All work must be original in APA format and will submitted to Turn-It-In. Minimum word count is 800 words, not including the title and reference page.
Essay: Write a 800-1500 word essay addressing each of the following questions. Be sure to completely answer all the questions. Separate each section in your paper with a clear heading that allows your professor to know which question you are addressing in that section of your paper. Support your ideas with at least two (2) citations in your essay. Make sure to reference the citations using the APA writing style for the essay. The cover page and reference page do not count towards the minimum word amount.
1. Cite examples of how older adults can compensate for age-related physical declines.
2. Cite evidence that both genetic and environmental factors contribute to Alzheimer’s disease and cerebrovascular dementia.
3. Describe cognitive functions that are maintained or improve in late adulthood. What aspects of aging contribute to them?
4. Cite features of neighborhoods and residential communities that enhance elders’ life satisfaction.
5. Why is adjustment to late-life divorce usually more difficult for women and adjustment to widowhood more difficult for men?
6. What psychological and workplace factors predict favorable adjustment to retirement?
7. Explain why older adults think and talk more about death than do younger people but feel less anxious about it.
1.Law Enforcement Training
Law enforcement training has evolved over time. Discuss the need for training, both in the academy and in the field. How important is perishable skills training (firearms, driving, defensive tactics) for officers? What role does ethics training play in perishable skills training? What other areas do you believe officers should receive training in? Use studies from Google Scholar and the Police Executive Research Forum report to support your recommendations.
Police Executive Research Foundation- use of force
2.Stress In Law Enforcement
Law enforcement officers face all types of stress during their daily activities. How does stress affect officers? After watching officer stress videos on Youtube, what effect does burst stress have on officers? What effect does stress have on officers over a 20 to 30-year career? What would you recommend for stress management that officers might be accepting of? Support your statements with professional studies from Google Scholar.
each should have 250 words
Citizens often have little, if any, knowledge about domestic organized crime and the operations of such organizations. Much of what the public knows comes from the media. Many people are unaware that domestic organized crime groups are those that operate within the boundaries of the United States and often comprise US and foreign citizens. Police officials are in key positions to help educate the public about the business of domestic organized crime. Community forums are excellent venues for educating the public about how organized crime groups function. This includes identifying what the groups do to generate profits.
Basic public awareness about how organized crime groups operate is critical to maintaining safe communities. Police administrators have the responsibility of informing citizens about what to look for to identify and report suspected domestic organized criminal activities.
The following scenario is designed to help the public gain a basic understanding of how to identify domestic organized crime groups.
Community policing efforts are critical in creating a safe environment for citizens. You are a mid-level police supervisor. As part of a team-oriented community policing approach, you have been selected by your police chief to hold a community forum where you will be responsible for educating the public about domestic organized crime groups so that the public will know how to identify such groups in the community.
To complete this assignment, use your textbook and the Argosy University online library resources to identify specific community policing efforts. Find at least one effective community policing effort you can describe at the community forum.
By the due date assigned, in a minimum of 250 words, post to the Discussion Area your responses to the following:
Identify at least three key areas that you see as being important in creating public awareness of organized crime groups.
Provide a rationale for selecting the three key areas that you will share with the public.
Describe at least one effective community policing effort against organized crime you found in your research.
The objective of this assignment is to enable you to demonstrate your understanding of factors that should be considered in policy development to ensure that legal requirements are met and that best practices in management are applied to court management, specifically. Write an essay of 3–4 pages in which you consider the following questions:
How does a court system cope with a “changing of the guard” when a new administration is elected and key executives and managers are replaced, and/or when policy changes direction as a new political party assumes power?
How does a new legal interpretation resulting from a court’s decision on an existing law related to court procedures, and how does the passage of a new law affect court administration?
What kinds of management best practices would you, as a court administrator, implement to ensure appropriate levels of continuity, efficiency, effectiveness, and fairness when significant changes occur that impact the court system?
Your response to these questions should focus on either the federal courts or a state court system of your choosing to limit the scope of your essay.
Literacy Lesson Plan
Create a developmentally appropriate literacy lesson plan that supports language and literacy experiences.
Include the following in your lesson plan, using the Lesson Plan Template:
Identify the lesson objectives.
Describe the alignment with language and literacy standards.
Describe the lesson procedure. This should be detailed so that another teacher could use this to implement the lesson.
Explain strategies to support children learning a second language.
Explain modifications for students with special needs.
Identify appropriate materials. Use the textbook and at least one outside resource, with citations in APA format.
Create an assessment plan. How will you measure improvement?
It is required that you use the Lesson Plan Template to complete this portion of your assignment. While certain components of the lesson plan template are highlighted in the steps above, it is required that you complete all sections of the template. It is suggested that you utilize the Early childhood and child development: Lesson plan handbook as a guide for how to more effectively plan this lesson. Your assignment must be formatted according to APA style, citing two to three scholarly resources (including the course text). Since you will be using a template, it is not necessary to include a title and cover page.
When you submit your assignments each week, they will be returned to you with specific feedback. This feedback should be used to revise the assignment for the Final Project. Please make the necessary corrections and save for Week Five use in the Final Project.
Final Essay question: How is public administration different from private management? What are the implications of these differences for the public administrator in the areas of: a. Decision Making, b. Human resource management,c. Accountability? The paper should be a minimum of 2-3 pages in length, excluding tables, title page, and reference page. A minimum of 2 tables should be included as well as a minimum of 5 sources to support your work.
**NOTE: Please separate the parts by labeling them accordingly with Part F…, Part G. Thank you**
Part F (75 words)
Communications has become an increasingly critical function in emergency management and is vital in all phases of disaster management.
· How are they critical?
· Why is it important to have an open an honest communications policy?
The text speaks to a “customer focus” with a disaster communications policy.
· Who are the “customers” that we must account for when considering our communications policy?
Support your responses with specific sources and examples.
Part G (7 pages of written text) – A Community in Florida & Disaster: Hurricane
You will develop an outline: Hazard Mitigation Plan Outline
· The community’s disaster history.
· What is mitigation and why is a mitigation plan necessary?
· How was the plan prepared?
· How did you obtain your information?
· The goals and objectives of the mitigation plan?
2. Community and Hazard Exposure Profile (part 2 of the template)
· Community population
· Miles of roads
· Manufacturing plants
· Military bases
3. List of possible community hazards (part 1 of the template). For each hazard discuss:
· Hazard description
· Impact on property
· Impact on safety and health
· Any other community considerations
4. Hazard Vulnerability analysis and frequency chart (part 3 of the template)
· Explanation of a hazard vulnerability analysis
· Your chart or list matrix
5. Your community’s capability assessment (part 4 of the worksheet)
· Community response capabilities
· Description of local law enforcement response capabilities (size, capability, etc.)
· Description of local fire agencies and response capabilities
· EMS capabilities, ambulance services, hospitals, etc.
· Physical resources
· Technical resources (example: early warning systems)
· Information resources (radio, TV, etc.)
· Financial resources (emergency funds in the community, grants, state funds, etc.)
6. Recommended Mitigation Measures (part 5 of the template). For each measure include information such as:
· Objectives supported
· Who is responsible
· When must it be done
· Who can help
· Their overall assessment of response capabilities
· Their recommendations for implementing priority mitigation projects for the community
· Their overall assessment of the community’s vulnerability and response capabilities
8. Any additional charts, graphs, illustrations, etc.
· They may include charts, graphs, and illustrations in the mitigation plan itself to assist with clarification and explanation. They must remember to include source citations if they copied items and/or for the information provided in the item if they created the chart or graph.
9. Cover page and reference page
· The cover page and reference page must be included. Remember these pages are not to be counted as part of the seven (7) page minimum.
Some possible resources for data include:
· Emergency management web sites of the community the students have selected.
· Police and fire websites.
· Their local emergency management department. Often communities of size have an emergency management department. In smaller communities it is often the fire chief who is the designated emergency manager.
· The community’s Streets Department or Traffic Engineering Department.
· Local utility companies.
· Other internet sources.
Outside readings for this project include:
· Your text
· The Hazard Mitigation Planning Template itself is a great source of information.
· The Hazard Mitigation Planning Tools and Techniques Guide(ATTACHED)
· The community’s planning department.
· The community’s budget department.
Imagine you are the chief of police. As the chief of police, you will need to ensure that your law enforcement officers lead ethical careers. In order to prepare for this assignment, review Chapters 7 through 9 in the textbook. Then, research Kohlberg’s stages of moral development and find at least two (2) relevant articles that discuss Kohlberg’s theory, Means vs. Ends, and Kantian ethics.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
1. Identify and discuss the three (3) levels of Kohlberg’s stages of Moral Development, and explain how you would address each level within your department.
2. Explain how your officers can use Kohlberg’s Stages of Moral Development to evaluate three (3) types of criminals who are at different stages of moral development.
3. Illustrate two to three (2-3) ways in which you would address self-interest and pursuit of pleasure to prevent police corruption.
4. Identify and discuss at least three (3) Prima Facie Duties that you believe all of your law enforcement officers should fulfill.
5. Support your position statement with two (2) relevant and credible references, documented according to SWS. (Note: Do not use open source sites such as Ask.com, eHow.com, Answers.com, and Wikipedia.)
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
This course requires use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
Include a cover page developed in accordance with SWS, including a running head, page number, the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page, revision of the previous assignment, and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Recommend ways to use ethics to improve decision making in the criminal justice system.
Analyze various philosophical approaches for ethical decision making, and the effectiveness and limits of each approach for making ethical choices.
Analyze basic questions about morality, norms, and values.
Examine the concepts and effectiveness of reward and punishment.
Explain why and how the concept of justice is important to the field of criminal justice.
Explain Kohlberg’s moral development stages and how they can be applied to issues in criminal justice.
Use technology and information resources to research issues in ethics and leadership in criminal justice.
Write clearly and concisely about ethics and leadership in criminal justice using proper writing mechanics.
Sign in to the Lexis Uni website and navigate to the Criminal Justice Home page. Under “Recent Supreme Court Decisions”, click on “View all Supreme Court Decisions for Criminal Justice”. Then, narrow your search by “violent crimes”
Locate two U.S. Supreme Court cases that discuss various types of criminal defenses.
Create a 6 – slide Power Point of a case analysis in which you identify and examine the types of criminal defenses that were used. Include the following:
Explain the nature and types of defenses used in the cases. What evidence was used to demonstrate the defense?
Explain the similarities and differences between justification and excuse. Describe how justification and excuse play a role in the cases.
Describe the outcome of each case.
Format your case analysis consistent with APA guidelines.