1.Determine whether vertical software packages exist for training operations management. Search the Internet and draft a message describing the results.
2. Investigate the possibility of outsourcing the TIMS system. List the options, together with advantages and disadvantages of each.
2. For each of the process models described in this chapter, what are the benefits and drawbacks of using the model?
3. For each of the process models described in this chapter, bow does the model handle a significant change in requirements late in development?
4. Draw a diagram to capture the process of buying an airplane ticket for a business trip.
6. Using the notation of your choice, draw a process diagram of a software development process that prototypes three different designs and choose the best from among them.
7. Examine the characteristics of good process models described in Section 2.4. Which characteristics are essential for processes to be used on projects where the problem and solution are not well understood?
8. In this chapter, we suggested that software development is a creation process, not a manufacturing process. Discuss the characteristics of manufacturing that apply to software development and explain which characteristics of software development are more like a creative endeavor.
9. Should a development organization adopt a single process model for all of its software development? Discuss the pros and cons.
10. Suppose your contract with a customer specifies that you use a particular software development process. How can the work be monitored to enforce the use of this process? 11. Consider the processes introduced in this chapter. Which ones give you the most flexibility
argument topic Should juvenile criminals have the second chance?
writing type ：newspaper
Google is an example of a company that has quickly emerged as a market leader in “information” access, distribution and online advertising. Have you ever wondered how Google can afford to build, staff and operate Best of Breed data centers that enable near immediate access to a world of information, with an “intuitive” capability that adapts to the search interests of a user? Here is your opportunity to answer these question, and more.
Read the Google business case in the text, and watch the Google video: http://www.viddler.com/embed/bf7fc9fa. Provide comprehensive responses to the following questions:
• Research “Google” using Google, and describe the first two (non-Google, non-Wiki, non Facebook) “website hits” that appear. How did these two “hits” make it to the “first displayed” positions in a Google search?
• Explain Google’s AdWord and AdSense services and describe how each benefits a firm considering online advertising with Google. What are the differences in the two services?
• Do you think that Google is financially successful in their online advertising business model? Explain why or why not.
• What other areas of growth are likely to be pursued by Google in the future?
“Great is our Lord and mighty in power; his understanding has no limit” (Psalm 147:5 NIV). Describe the vastness of God’s wisdom, knowledge, and power in consideration of the power of humans’ marvels such as Google.
On 300 words APA style Explain the key elements of estimating cash flow.
1) Why did HBO offer an OTT streaming service?
What are the economics?
Pluses and minuses?
2) Why hasn’t ESPN offered a comparable service?
a) Discuss ESPN’s revenue model.
b) Discuss similar revenue models from other industries.
3) How should Comcast respond?
What should Comcast do?
How important is HBO to Comcast?
Does Comcast have any leverage over HBO?
Is unbundling simply a threat, or is it an opportunity for Comcast?
4) Online Streaming and Unbundling
Why rush to consider OTT streaming services?
Why do firms bundle products and services?
Is bundling bad for consumers?
Which products should form a bundle?
Implications for Comcast?
Are skinny bundles a good idea?
5) The Future of Television
m) What is it about TV that makes unbundling so difficult?
n) Will players from outside the industry disrupt TV?
o) Is Apple a threat to Comcast or a potential partner (or both)?
6) Lessons & Takeaways
Digital tech as a threat and opportunity
Bundling as a form of price discrimination
Must understand economics, motivations, strengths and weaknesses of various competitors as you craft a strategy.
1-2 pages, no more
Research the organizational structure of the United Nations Human Rights Council. What are the goals of the organization? How is it structured to accomplish those goals? Discuss if it is accomplishing those goals and, if it is not accomplishing those goals, suggest possible changes to streamline the organization.
The essay should be two to three pages in length and properly formatted to include a title page, running head, page numbers, and reference list. The paper should follow APA guidelines
Conduct a web search for examples of firms that have successfully employed user generated content; there are lots of great ones to choose from. If they can do it, so can you! How would you employ user generated content to promote, brand, and sell the product you are using in your marketing plan? Is mommy blogging for you? Photo contests? How will you create the “buzz” you need to launch your product? Describe your user generated content plan and why you selected one type of content over another. How will you get your customers to participate? What’s in it for them? Be specific and share at least one example of a firm that has used a similar strategy.
Your opening post should be at least 350 words and feel free to include photos and samples of the content.
Describe the importance of revenue cycle management in the acute care environment and the impact it can have on the healthcare organization. In your description be sure to identify the consequences of improper revenue cycle management as it pertains to the healthcare organization as a whole.
600 words and biblical integration
Write a two- to three-page analysis using the Case Study on pages 325-327 of your textbook, “Expatriate Management at AstraZeneca.”
Your analysis should address the following questions:
Critically analyze AstraZeneca’s expatriate management practices.
According to the 2007 Expatriate Work/Life Balance Survey, 65% of expats report feeling the strain of managing the demands of work and home, leading to more anxieties at home and at the workplace. What steps can an organization take to mitigate this?
What decisions related to expatriates could organizations take to maximize the benefits to the company despite ongoing economic recessions? Do you think a company that paid more careful attention to selection could further boost their chances of success?
Your case study analysis should follow APA guidelines for formatting of all resources, both in-text and as references. Your analysis should include a title page and should include a separate reference page.